Scope of Support
Our Scope of Support was last updated on 20 Jun 2022.
Our mission is to keep your website and email up and running at all times. We are available to assist you if you need help connecting to your site, configuring your email accounts, or if you think there might be an issue with the performance or availability of your site.
There are certain issues that are beyond our scope of support. For example, if you need help debugging source code for an application you are developing or your computer has suddenly broken down, or your email client won’t work as expected; we can’t assist you.
We can, however, help to confirm whether all of our systems (e.g. databases, network, web servers, etc.) are functioning normally to help you isolate the problem.
It’s also not possible for us to be fluent in every web application or client-side publishing program (there are just too many of them), but we can help with basic configuration settings (e.g. MySQL server address, FTP login information, etc.) for any application or client you might be installing.
What we support:
- Common Services. We continually monitor and ensure that all basic services are working, such as FTP, email, SSH, web services. Our number one priority is to make sure that the web and email servers, databases, and network connections are functioning at optimal performance levels.
- Basic email and FTP client configuration. We provide instructions for using the most common email and FTP clients. If you need additional help, do not hesitate to email or call us. We will do our best to assist you with making a connection to your account.
- Server Software. We will maintain and secure all software that resides on a server, such as SQL, MySQL, PHP, ColdFusion, .NET, Apache, and IIS. We will determine the version and configuration of the software on our servers. As a result, the software we have installed may not always be the latest version available to the public or be compatible with your application.
Things that are beyond our scope of support:
- Hardware or software not provided or maintained by us, e.g. some customers ask us to help them with things completely unrelated to their hosting account (e.g. solving a technical problem on their client machine or email software, e.g. Outlook, Thunderbird, etc).
- Scripts & Applications. We are not capable of reviewing source code, or assisting with the development of your website or application. You are responsible for the installation and operation of any and all scripts and applications. You are responsible for maintaining the latest version of any and all scripts and applications necessary for your site to work properly. We are not capable of determining reasons for sites that become compromised.
- Data Backup. You are responsible for maintaining current backups of your data. We maintain our own backups in the event of a disaster; however, we do not guarantee the availability or restoration of any lost data. Should you request a restore of any lost or corrupt data, and should it exist, a fee of AED. 750 will be charged prior to restoration. In the event the lost data was the fault of Spiderz, we would waive any associated restoration fees.
- Third party applications. Whether server-side or client-side, we do not support applications other than those that are distributed with our hosting accounts.